IPCW – BA (H) Multi-Media & Mass Communication (BMMMC)
Indraprastha College for Women (IPCW) is the oldest and one of the leading women’s institutes in India, with an intake of 3500 women students every year in diversified integrated programs. Programs are offered in 3 streams. Mathematical science, humanities, and commerce. With an active Internal Quality Assurance Cell, IPCW is solely dedicated to women empowerment.
Since 1999, IP College for Women is successfully running the Bachelor of Multi-Media and Mass Communication (BMMMC) program. Admissions in the BMMMC program are done through the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET), every year. We at Fundamakers bring you all the relevant data under one roof and train you to beat this competitive exam with dedication and ease. Let us read more about the IP College for Women BMMMC program and the DUET Exam in detail.
DUET Exam Eligibility Criteria for IPCW BMMMC Program
The entrance exam for the BMMMC program at IPCW is a national-level exam. The enrolment in BMMMC at IPCW is done through the DUET exam. Read the following details and eligibility criteria for the same:
- For open and general category: The candidate should have passed all the subjects in the 12th standard with at least 75% aggregate marks. With 85% or more in English.
- For Other Categories: Only 5% relaxation on the minimum eligibility is given.
- Age Limit: No specific age limit.
- Applicants with gap year(s) are also eligible.
- Students awaiting the results for class 12th marks are NOT eligible for the exam.
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens are eligible for DUET 2021.
- Only minimum eligibility for DUET exam is not acceptable for the IPCW BMMMC program.
- On the basis of marks in the entrance test and 12th standard, the college will prepare a merit list of all the selected students.
- The result will be announced and displayed on the Website of the University of Delhi.
- The final merit list prepared on the basis of the DUET exam result, in respect of each category, will be displayed on the IP College website with a link to the BMMMC portal.
DUET Exam Pattern for IP College for Women BMMMC Program
|Mode of the Exam||Online, Computer-based test|
|Number of Questions in the exam||100|
|Duration of the Exam||2 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language of the Exam||Bi-lingual (English and Hindi)|
|Marking Scheme||Right answer: 4 marks |
Wrong answer: -1 mark
|Maximum Marks||400 marks|
|Number of Sections||5|
Exam Section Details:
i) English Comprehension
ii) Current Affairs
iii) General Awareness
iv) Grammatical and Analytical Skills
v) Media Awareness
DUET Exam Important Dates for IPCW BMMMC Program
The tentative dates for the DUET exam for admission in IP College for Women BMMMC Program are:
|Availability of Application forms||1st Week of March 2022|
|Form Submission||3rd Week of March 2022|
|Admit card release date||End of April 2022|
|Exam Date||1st Week of June 2022|
Number of Seats in BMMMC Program at IPCW
For Open or Unreserved Category- 26
For Scheduled Caste- 10
For Scheduled Tribe- 05
For OBC- 18
For Economically Weaker Section- 06
Entrance Exam Syllabus for BMMMC Program at IPCW
DUET Exam Syllabus for admission in IP College for Women BMMMC program includes:
The English Comprehension Section consists of a set of questions based on passages of different genres like history, polity, general awareness, psychology, etc. With a proper understanding of the given passage or extract, one can easily solve the related set of questions with ease.
The current affairs or awareness sections consists of questions based on daily news both Indian and International. Candidates are advised to go through the current affairs of the last 6-8 months.
Important topics from which questions are asked are:
- World Politics
- Indian Politics
- Sports events
- Awards and Honors
The important topics from which General Awareness Questions are asked in the DUET Exam for IP College for Women BMMC course are:
- Inventions and discoveries
- World organizations
- Books and authors
- Famous personalities
- Solar System
- Science and technology
- Historical events
Grammatical and Analytical Skills
Grammatical and Analytical Skills checks the candidates’ English Language and its proficiency. The important topics are:
- English Comprehension
- Idioms and phrases
- Para jumbles
- Sentence formation
- Sentence Reconstruction
- Spelling mistakes
- Rearrangement of words and sentences
The Media Awareness section checks the candidates’ basic knowledge about media and mass communication. Questions based on theory as well as the history of media and communication are asked in this section. The important topics from which questions are asked in the Media Awareness section in the DUET Exam for the IPCW BMMMC program are:
- History of Newspapers
- History of Print Media
- Basics concepts of Journalism
- Basic concepts of Mass Communication
- History of television
- Basic concepts of cinema
- Ethics of media persons
What Fundamakers Offer?
Fundamakers is one of the best coaching institutions in Lucknow. We have three branches at prime locations in Lucknow. We at Fundamakers with our most dedicated team are here to shape your career just after your 12th standard.
Visit our courses and get in touch with us:
Disclaimer: Please check the final eligibility and reservation rights on the university website before registration.