Overview | WGSHA Admission for BHM & BA Culinary Arts
Founded in 1986, Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA) offers great academic knowledge in the field of Hotel Management. It falls under the prestigious name and style of Manipal University. WGSHA along with outstanding academic delivery it also offers various career opportunities to its students.
For admission in two courses namely, Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) and BA Culinary Arts, there is no entrance test. The selection is based on the 10th & 12th marks of the applicants. However, the university conducts its own department test (DT) for the shortlisted candidates as the only official exam to get enrolled in the institute. It is conducted by the Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration. Let us look in detail at this department exam and prepare well to start our dream journey in hotel management.
WGSHA BHM & BA Culinary Arts Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Admission to the eligible candidates is given on the basis of merit obtained in the Department Test (DT), Group Discussion (GD), Panel Interview, and Personal Interview.
- Nationality: It is mandatory for all applicants to have Indian citizenship.
- Candidates may apply under both General and Foreign/ NRI categories, but any change from Foreign/ NRI category to General category after admission will not be entertained.
- Foreign/NRI candidates are required to apply online and submit the Eligibility documents for the admission process. On this, MAHE will send the admission notice and students then need to make the required payment.
|Course Name||Specializations||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|BA||Culinary Arts||Pass in 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board||Merit in Department Test, GD, Panel Interview, and Personal Interview|
|BHM||–||10+2 with minimum 45% marks or equivalent||Merit in Department Test, GD, Panel Interview, and Personal Interview|
Application Process – WGSHA BHM & BA Culinary Arts
- Visit the website, https://manipal.edu/wgsha.html
- Click on Apply Now
- On the next page enter all the basic details, contact and educational details as well, and select the program of your choice.
- Complete the application form.
- Make the payment of fees online.
- Submit the form on a stipulated date.
- Application Fee of INR 600 if paid through Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card.
WGSHA BHM & BA Culinary Arts Department Test Paper Pattern
Department Test 2021 Paper Pattern
Due to COVID-19 Crisis, the department test of WGSHA Exam 2021 was held in Online mode. The exam pattern was changed and the duration was reduced to 30 minutes, with a total number of questions = 30
|Section||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Events||10|
|Numerical Ability, Analytics Reasoning & Logical Deduction||10|
Department Test 2019 Paper Pattern
Mode of exam: Paper & Pen
Maximum Marks: 60 marks
Duration: 60 minutes
Type of questions: MCQ
Marking scheme: (+1) for each correct answer
No negative marking
|Section||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Events||20|
|Numerical Ability, Analytics Reasoning & Logical Deduction||20|
Note: Candidates can register for their first attempt at the center of their choice. In case of non-selection / not shortlisted, the candidate may appear for performance improvement (second attempt), only at Manipal.
WGSHA Department Exam Syllabus
- Vocabulary (word – meaning),
- Idioms and phrases,
- Fill in the blanks,
- Sentences: Construction & Reconstruction
Numerical Ability, Analytical Reasoning, and Logical Deduction
- Data interpretation
- Venn diagrams,
- Tables & charts,
- Graphs & bars;
- Tests of reasoning and logic
General Knowledge & Current Events
- Basic Science & Technology,
- Weights & Measurements,
- Currencies & Capitals,
- International Sporting Events,
- National & International Awards,
- Personalities and Who’s Who: Political, Social, Top Business CEOs, Entrepreneurs & Industry Leaders,
- Culinary: Top Chefs & Entrepreneurs,
- Top Hotel Brands and Restaurants,
- Michelin Star Restaurants of last 5 Years,
- World Organizations: UN, Travel & Tourism, Culinary;
- Solar System & Universe,
- World Geography: Continents, Countries, Mountains, Oceans, Seas, Rivers, Deserts;
- Indian Geography: States & Capitals, Tourist Places, Places of Heritage, Mountains, Oceans, Seas, Rivers, Deserts, Forests, Animals & Bird Sanctuaries;
- Indian Culture: Dance Forms, Music, Festivals, Languages
- Current Events,
- Recent Coverage in News & Social Media
WGSHA BHM & BA Culinary Arts Selection process
Step- 1: Apply Online
The candidates interested in the BHM Program (Bachelor of Hotel Management) or BA Culinary Arts from WGSHA are required to fill the registration form released by the university in the month of January 2022.
The selection for the further rounds will be based on the candidate’s 10th and 12th marks.
Step- 2: DT, GD & PI
After getting shortlisted in step- 1, the candidate will be called for a Department Test (DT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI)
Step- 3: Final Selection
Based on the merit list consisting of scores from steps- 1 and 2, the shortlisted candidate will receive a Provisional Admission Notice.
WGSHA, Manipal Fees & Eligibility
|BA Culinary Arts||₹3 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|BHM||₹3.68 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
GSHA, Manipal Scholarships
The Institute offers scholarships to women and differently-abled candidates provided the family income of the candidate shall be less than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum. Scholarships worth INR 30,000 will be awarded including INR 2000 per month for ten consecutive months.
|Application Form Available Online||Last week of January|
|Last date for Online Registration (BHM & B. A. Culinary Arts)||Last week of April|
|Last date for Online Registration (Lateral Entry for BHM)||Last week of April|
Test Schedule of different cities for the first attempt is:
|New Delhi||2nd week of April – Last week of April|
|Kolkata||1st week of May|
|Bengaluru||2nd week of May|
|Siliguri||Last week of May|
|Jaipur||Last week of April|
|Hyderabad||1st week of May|
|Shillong||2nd week of May|
|Mumbai||1st week of May|
|Chennai||1st week of May|
|Guwahati||2nd week of May|
|Manipal||1st week of April, 2nd week of May, Last week of May & 1st week of June|
The second attempt will be in Manipal on 2nd week of June at Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal