Overview | JMI Entrance Exam BA (H) Psychology
Established in the year 1920, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) is a central university located in New Delhi, India. JMI is one of the oldest universities in the nation serving the best of academics and market-ready professionals. With a vision to create a human universe that offers inclusiveness, equity, fellowship, justice, and peace for one and all, JMI offers a wide range of UG and PG programs. Along with academics, JMI focuses on the overall development of the student and with continuous efforts is now an A grade university accredited by NAAC.
One of its most students’ preferred UG Programs is BA (H) Psychology. It is a 3-year long full-time program. Students from science, commerce, and humanities streams apply for this program through the JMI entrance exam. Let us read about this entrance exam in detail and prepare for the same.
No. of Seats- 42
JMI BA Hons in Psychology Entrance Exam Eligibility
- A candidate must have passed the qualifying examination from a board/university/institute recognized by Jamia Milia Islamia. (You can find the updated list on the website, check you apply)
- Candidates who are waiting for their final results can also apply, if selected they need to present the documents in the given time interval to confirm their registration.
- 30% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Muslim applicants.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Women applicants who are Muslims.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for “Other Backward Classes” (OBCs) and Scheduled Tribes who are Muslims, as per the list notified by the Central Government.
- 5% seats in all Programs in Jamia Millia Islamia shall be reserved for physically challenged persons
Jamia Milia Islamia BA Hons Psychology Entrance Exam Selection Process
After successful registration, the candidates give a JMI Entrance Test for BA (Hons) in Psychology. A merit list is prepared on the basis of the entrance test. The candidates selected after the exam are called for an interview and for other components for the admission process.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the JMI Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/ admission.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/ Multiple Choice questions in all programs of the University.
- Candidates obtaining less than 15% marks in the Objective Type/ Multiple Choice questions will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
Fees: INR 550/-
JMI Entrance Exam Pattern
- Mode: Offline
- Time: 105 minutes
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: MCQ(s)
- Total questions: 100
- Number of sections: 4
|Section Detail||Number of Questions|
JMI BA Hons Psychology Entrance Exam Important Dates
|Application Form||May 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||July 2022|
|JMI Entrance Exam B.A. (Hons.) (Psychology) 2022 Exam Date||August 2022|
|Declaration of result||October 2022|