Preparing for the Common Admission Test (CAT) can be an overwhelming task, especially if you only have six months to go. CAT is one of the most competitive exams in India, and thousands of students appear for it every year. It is essential to have a well-structured study plan to ace the exam. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to prepare for CAT in six months.
A 6-Month Strategy for Achieving 99.99 Percentile in CAT
Introduction: The CAT (Common Admission Test) is a highly competitive exam that opens the doors to some of the most prestigious management institutes in India. As a CAT aspirant, it is crucial to have a well-defined strategy to maximize your chances of scoring a high percentile. In this blog, we present a 6-month preparation plan for CAT 2023, focusing on each phase, key topics, and analyzing the marks vs. percentile distribution.
CAT Pattern and Topic-Wise Question Breakup:
The CAT 2022 exam consisted of 66 questions, with each section having a specific number of questions. Here is the average question distribution from the three sections:
Maths: 22 Questions
- Number System: 1
- Algebra: 7
- Arithmetic: 9
- Modern Math: 1
- Geometry & Mensuration: 4
English: 24 Questions
- Reading Comprehension: 16 (4+4+4+4)
- Verbal Ability – Parajumbles: 3
- Verbal Ability – Summary: 3
- Verbal Ability – Para completion: 2
DILR: 20 Questions
- 4 caselets with 4 questions each
Phase 1: June and July
During the initial two months, focus on building a strong foundation in essential topics in Mathematics. Allocate lecture hours and practice questions as follows:
- Percentage, Profit and Loss: 12 lecture hours | 150 practice questions
- Simple and Compound Interest: 4 lecture hours | 50 practice questions
- Time and Work: 6 lecture hours | 150 practice questions
- Time Speed and Distance: 10 lecture hours | 150 practice questions
- Ratio and Proportion: 8 lecture hours | 100 practice questions
- Averages and Mixtures: 6 lecture hours | 100 practice questions
For VARC (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension), devote at least 1 hour daily to reading practice from diverse sources. Try summarizing the articles you read.
In DILR (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning), focus on completing basic chapters like arrangements, puzzles, line graphs, bar charts, pie charts, and mix graphs.
Phase 2: August and September
During this phase, shift your focus to advanced concepts and topic-specific preparation. Allocate your time as follows:
Maths: Devote time to Algebra, Geometry, Number System, and PNC/Probability. Aim to solve at least 200 questions from each chapter, with a target of solving 1000 questions in total.
English: Challenge yourself by solving 3 Reading Comprehension passages in 30 minutes and 8 Verbal Ability questions in 15 minutes. Aim to practice 500 RC questions and 500 VA questions.
DILR: Solve at least 3 caselets every day in 40 minutes, aiming for a total of 200 caselets.
Phase 3: October and November
In the final phase, focus on sectional tests and mock tests to simulate the actual exam environment.
- Take regular sectional tests to improve accuracy and speed.
- Start taking mock tests from July, gradually increasing the frequency to twice a week from September onwards.
- CAT Marks Vs Percentile Analysis
- Here is an analysis of the correlation between overall scores, correct questions, and percentiles in the CAT exam:
|Percentile||Overall Score||Correct Questions|
- This analysis provides valuable insights into the performance required to achieve different percentiles in CAT. As an aspirant, it is important to set your target percentile and work towards achieving the corresponding scores.
- For instance, if your goal is to achieve a 99%ile, you need an overall score of approximately 84 with 28 correct questions. On the other hand, if you aim for a 90%ile, an overall score of around 49 with 17 correct questions would be sufficient.
- Understanding the marks vs. percentile distribution allows you to gauge your performance during practice tests and mocks. By consistently tracking your progress, you can identify areas of improvement and focus your efforts accordingly.
- It’s important to note that the CAT exam is highly competitive, and the percentile cut-offs may vary each year based on the overall performance of test-takers. Therefore, it’s always advisable to aim for a higher score to ensure a better chance of securing admission to top-tier management institutes.
- In conclusion, the marks vs. percentile analysis provides valuable insights into the performance required to achieve specific percentiles in CAT. Use this information as a benchmark while setting your goals and devising your preparation strategy. Remember to focus on building a strong foundation, practicing extensively, and taking mock tests to enhance your chances of achieving your desired percentile.
🚀📚 Get ready to soar to the top with CAT 2023! 🎯💯
🔥 Check out the latest video revealing the secrets to achieving a stunning 99 percentile in CAT! 🎉🔗
⏩ Click the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ParZL6NdlEU to watch now and learn expert tips for time management, mastering each section, and more! 📚💪
🔔 Subscribe and stay tuned for more valuable content to boost your CAT preparation. 🎥✅
#CAT2023 #99PercentileGuaranteed #CATPreparation #StudyTips #AceTheCAT #TimeManagement
Why is FundaMakers the best CAT coaching in Lucknow ?
Fundamakers is considered one of the best CAT coaching institutes in Lucknow for several reasons. Here are a few reasons why fundamakers is considered the best CAT coaching in Lucknow-
- Experienced Faculty: The faculty at Fundamakers is highly experienced, with many of them being alumni of top B-schools in India. They have a deep understanding of the CAT exam pattern and syllabus and have trained many successful CAT aspirants over the years.
- Personalized Approach: Fundamakers adopts a personalized approach to coaching, where each student is given individual attention and guidance. This helps in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of each student and helps them focus on areas where they need improvement.
- Comprehensive Study Material: Fundamakers provides its students with comprehensive study material that covers all the topics and concepts tested in the CAT exam. The study material is regularly updated to keep up with the changing exam pattern and syllabus.
- Mock Tests: Fundamakers conducts regular mock tests that simulate the actual CAT exam. This helps students in getting an idea of the exam pattern and improves their time management skills.
- Doubt Clearing Sessions: Fundamakers conducts regular doubt-clearing sessions where students can get their queries resolved by the faculty. This helps in clarifying doubts and understanding the concepts better.
- Competitive Environment: The coaching environment at Fundamakers is highly competitive, which helps students push themselves to perform better. This helps in improving their confidence and preparing them for the cut-throat competition in the CAT exam.
- Success Rate: Fundamakers has a high success rate, with many of its students getting admission to top B-schools in India. This reflects the quality of coaching provided by the institute.
FundaMakers: Best CAT online coaching
In conclusion, Fundamakers is considered one of the best CAT coaching institutes in Lucknow due to its experienced faculty, personalized approach, comprehensive study material, regular mock tests, doubt clearing sessions, competitive environment, and high success rate. If you are a CAT aspirant in Lucknow, Fundamakers could be an excellent option for you